Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Book of Mormon Project
Five months ago our ward was asked to take the challenge of reading the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. We were also asked to mark all references of Jesus Christ. I finished reading early Saturday morning. It felt great. Looking back at the days that I read, I noticed I had more patience for my girls and that I was much more kinder to Tim. There were days that my kitchen was dirty, laundry hadn't been done and I didn't get a chance to sit down, but if I made the effort to read from the Book of Mormon it made the day worth while. Reading the Book of Mormon again has strengthened my testimony that I am a daughter of God. That God is very aware of me and that he is proud of me. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that the day will come when we shall stand before Jesus Christ.
I am far from perfect, but reading the scriptures helps me to understand that as long as I am striving to be better than I am doing just fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment